ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-16-008-H04-P
Release Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Expiration Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2019
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15.00 Non-Member: $30.00
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Target Audience: This repurposed session from the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016 is designed to provide insights and solutions for pharmacists who practice in managed care settings, to help them maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Biosimilars represent a significant cost savings opportunity for the United States and European health care systems. In fact, some European countries have reached discounts of up to 70% on certain biosimilar products. Across the Atlantic, however, U.S. payers still struggle to understand the safety and market implications of these relatively new players. What is the most recent data on immunogencity of biosimilars? How can U.S. payers deploy successful strategies based on a firm market and evidence understanding to achieve greater cost savings?
This session will compare and contrast the most recent safety and economic data of biosimilars through case studies of select European countries and the early experience in the US. In addition, the faculty will provide a glimpse into the outlook for the United States, including findings from research conducted on U.S. payers regarding their market expectations, perceived barriers, and expected discounts for biosimilars.
- Identify at least two key findings on the safety of biosimilars based on real world evidence from European countries and the early US experience.
- Describe how certain European nations’ system of controls may have led to better discounts for biosimilars.
- Summarize the U.S. payer outlook on market expectations, perceived barriers, and expected discounts for biosimilars.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This CPE online activity consists of a pre-recorded audio/slide presentation, a pre-test (to establish prior knowledge, not required to pass), a post-test with a score of 70% or higher, and a specific online activity evaluation.
Faculty Relevant Financial Relationships Disclosure: AMCP asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of a continuing pharmacy education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. If AMCP determines that a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial relationship you have (or that your spouse/partner has), we will need to take appropriate steps to resolve the conflict of interest.
- Alexander S. Grosvenor, BSc Hons, Biochemistry is an employee of Precision for Value and reports having no other financial relationships with any commercial interests during the past 12 months.
- Jeremy A. Schafer, PharmD, MBA is an employee of Precision for Value and reports having no other financial relationships with any commercial interests during the past 12 months.
- AMCP staff report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity: Puneet Singh, PharmD and Ruby Singh, PharmD, BCPS.
Method and CPE Requirements:
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this online activity, only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 24-72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive CPE credit for an AMCP Learn online activity you must:
- View the entire pre-recorded audio/slide presentation.
- Successfully complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher (The post-test will provide feedback.)
- Complete a specific online activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating the web site. View the minimum technical and system requirements for online educational activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-16-008-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||April 20, 2016 - April 20, 2019|