ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-16-010-H04-P
Release Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Expiration Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2019
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15.00 Non-Member: $30.00
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Target Audience: This repurposed session from the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016 is designed to provide insights and solutions for pharmacists who practice in managed care settings, to help them maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
A vital component to Medication Therapy Management programs is the Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR). Comprehensive medication reviews can greatly benefit the Medicare Part D patients with improved adherence, reduction in adverse effects and drug-drug interactions, and enhance patient knowledge of their medications. Based on the importance of these reviews, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has added the CMR completion rate to the Part D Star Ratings for 2016. How can plans increase their completion rates? Will an increase in CMRs impact quality?
This session will discuss how technology may be able to increase the number Medicare Part D members who receive offers to participate in CMRs and identify those most likely to participate. In addition, this session will present a method used to deploy a patient satisfaction survey post-CMR to gauge the impact and quality of the CMR, and share the feedback gained.
- Define the Medicare Part D Star Rating related to the completion rate of comprehensive medication reviews (CMR) and the impact of this on plan sponsors.
- Describe how technology has been used to impact CMR completion rates.
- Discuss at least one method to measure patient satisfaction following a CMR.
- Summarize the impact of technology on CMR completion rates and patient satisfaction based on those presented.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This CPE online activity consists of a pre-recorded audio/slide presentation, a pre-test (to establish prior knowledge, not required to pass), a post-test with a score of 70% or higher, and a specific online activity evaluation.
Faculty Relevant Financial Relationships Disclosure: AMCP asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of a continuing pharmacy education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. If AMCP determines that a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial relationship you have (or that your spouse/partner has), we will need to take appropriate steps to resolve the conflict of interest
- Dani Markus, PharmD, MBA is employed by OutcomesMTM.
- Salina Wong, PharmD reports having no financial relationships with any commercial interests during the past 12 months.
- AMCP staff report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity: Puneet Singh, PharmD and Ruby Singh, PharmD, BCPS.
Method and CPE Requirements:
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this online activity, only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 24-72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive CPE credit for an AMCP Learn online activity you must:
- View the entire pre-recorded audio/slide presentation.
- Successfully complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher (The post-test will provide feedback.)
- Complete a specific online activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating the web site. View the minimum technical and system requirements for online educational activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-16-010-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||April 20, 2016 - April 20, 2019|