ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-16-022-H04-P
Release Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016
Expiration Date: Thursday, April 21, 2019
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15.00 Non-Member: $30.00
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Target Audience: This repurposed session from the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016 is designed to provide insights and solutions for pharmacists who practice in managed care settings, to help them maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
High-tech health care is poised to change the dynamics of how patients, providers and other stakeholders interact. Similar to the tech boom of the 90s, this health care-centered tech boom will impact communication, access to data, and behavior on a large scale. In turn, more mega and patient-specific data and evidence will be available more readily.
This must-attend session will cover the patient and provider perspective on the latest innovative digital health technology and digital medicines. Through discussion of real-world case studies, the audience will gain insights on how digital medicines can be used in a managed care setting to address the current gaps in population health management.
1. Discuss how payers can use digital health tools to address current gaps in population health management.
2. Discuss the patient and provider perspective on digital health solutions in terms of current and future use.
3. Explain how managed care pharmacy can use digital health tools, such as digital medicines, to improve the quality of care delivered to populations.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This CPE online activity consists of a pre-recorded audio/slide presentation, a pre-test (to establish prior knowledge, not required to pass), a post-test with a score of 70% or higher, and a specific online activity evaluation.
Faculty Relevant Financial Relationships Disclosure: AMCP asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of a continuing pharmacy education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. If AMCP determines that a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial relationship you have (or that your spouse/partner has), we will need to take appropriate steps to resolve the conflict of interest.
- Yoona A. Kim, PharmD, PhD is an employee of and has stock options with Proteus Digital Health.
- AMCP staff report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity: Puneet Singh, PharmD and Ruby Singh, PharmD, BCPS.
Method and CPE Requirements:
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this online activity, only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 24-72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive CPE credit for an AMCP Learn online activity you must:
- View the entire pre-recorded audio/slide presentation.
- Successfully complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher (The post-test will provide feedback.)
- Complete a specific online activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating the web site. View the minimum technical and system requirements for online educational activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-16-022-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||April 21, 2016 - April 21, 2019|