ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-16-017-H04-P
Release Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Expiration Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2019
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15.00 Non-Member: $30.00
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Target Audience: This repurposed session from the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016 is designed to provide insights and solutions for pharmacists who practice in managed care settings, to help them maintain and enhance their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The societal response to opioid addiction has long been underwhelming, contributing to an increasing rate of addiction throughout the United States. As a result of inadequate resources, health care professionals are struggling to put together an infrastructure to help meet the needs of patients. What is the current state of opioid addiction? How can health plans and pharmacy benefits managers work with other stakeholders to catapult a stronger and more effective strategy to help treat current patients and prevent future addictions? How can we ensure appropriate access to life saving and maintenance medications?
This session will provide a landscape of current opioid addiction treatments, and explore challenges and opportunities in patient access to appropriate treatment for acute episodes and chronic pain maintenance. In addition, experts will share insights into the most recent legislative and regulatory actions, and how they may impact patient care and access.
- Explain the scope of the addiction “problem” in the United States today.
- Discuss the current challenges with addiction treatment that impact patient access to medications.
- Describe how health plans and pharmacy benefits managers can expand appropriate medication assisted therapy to patients.
- Summarize legislative and regulatory actions impacting patient care and access to medications used to manage addiction.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This CPE online activity consists of a pre-recorded audio/slide presentation, a pre-test (to establish prior knowledge, not required to pass), a post-test with a score of 70% or higher, and a specific online activity evaluation.
Faculty Relevant Financial Relationships Disclosure: AMCP asks everyone who is in a position to control the content of a continuing pharmacy education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. If AMCP determines that a conflict of interest exists as a result of a financial relationship you have (or that your spouse/partner has), we will need to take appropriate steps to resolve the conflict of interest.
- Reginia Grayson Benjamin, BS, JD reports having no financial relationships with any commercial Interests during the past 12 months.
- Kelly J. Clark, MD, MBA reports: Consultant Fees from Braeburn Pharmaceutical.
- Gary M. Henschen, MD is an employee of Magellan Healthcare.
- AMCP staff report no relevant financial relationships pertinent to this activity: Puneet Singh, PharmD and Ruby Singh, PharmD, BCPS.
Method and CPE Requirements:
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this online activity, only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2016.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 24-72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive CPE credit for an AMCP Learn online activity you must:
- View the entire pre-recorded audio/slide presentation.
- Successfully complete the post-test with a score of 70% or higher (The post-test will provide feedback.)
- Complete a specific online activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating the web site. View the minimum technical and system requirements for online educational activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-16-017-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||April 20, 2016 - April 20, 2019|