ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-16-068-H04-P
Release Date: December 15, 2016
Expiration Date: October 6, 2019
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.5
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
The benefits of pharmacist-provided medication therapy management (MTM) has proven to be effective at improving adherence and other clinical endpoints, such as LDL cholesterol levels, hemoglobin A1c and blood pressure. As these services have demonstrated success, health care payers are adopting the MTM model to deliver results in other populations such as Medicaid and commercial plans. This session will feature two health plans using a MTM model for other lines of business. Hear how they implemented their programs and what outcomes they are seeing among these patient populations.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the benefits of medication therapy management (MTM) based on the currently available evidence.
- Explain how MTM may be similar or differ between a Medicare and Medicaid population.
- Explain how MTM may be similar or differ between a Medicare and commercial population.
- Discuss how cultural disparities and diversity among various populations may influence outreach strategies.
- Describe the outcomes currently seen with MTM programs extending beyond Medicare patients.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2016.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Penny Surratt, RN, MBA
Director Trade Relations
ReCept Pharmacy, LP
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-16-068-H04-P||1.5 Contact Hours||October 06, 2016 - October 06, 2019|