ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-17-023-H04-P
Release Date: March 29, 2017
Expiration Date: March 29, 2020
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
Medicare, Medicaid and Affordable Care Act (ACA) Exchanges all have updates that will change formulary management across the government plans this year. What are these updates and how will they impact your formularies? How will these changes affect cost, utilization and management of medications?
This session will discuss formulary updates spanning Medicare, Medicaid and the Exchanges. Attendees will benefit from lessons learned by other payers.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss the challenges payers have implementing new guidance, updated requirements, and increased Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) scrutiny with Medicare formularies to date.
2. Discuss experiences with formulary management for commercial plans subject to Affordable Care Act (ACA) state benchmark plan requirements.
3. Discuss how varying state coverage requirements in Medicaid are impacting management tactics and formulary strategies for patient care.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2017. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Kimberly Eggert, RPh | Senior Manager, Managed Markets | Artia Solutions | Erie, Colorado
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-17-023-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 29, 2017 - March 29, 2020|