ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-17-017-H04-P
Release Date: March 28, 2017
Expiration Date: March 28, 2020
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
What is going on in the world of ePrescribing? New advances are improving workflow and operational functions, but what are the system implications and costs of these advances? What does the current regulatory landscape look like for ePrescribing?
This session will answer these and other questions by providing an overview of electronic prescribing, as it exists today and the short and long-term changes projected. Attendees will also learn about the development of a real-time prescription benefit transaction between prescribers and payers, which is currently under development. The session will discuss the rationale for development of the standard and ways for health plans to maximize the use of standards to improve patient care.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Identify the transactions (messages) included in the current ePrescribing standard (and which are commonly used).
2. Explain the impact of related data exchange, such as that to support Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) and formulary and benefit information.
3. Outline the current regulatory landscape for ePrescribing and electronic prior authorization (ePA).
4. Discuss the opportunities and challenges of providing patient-specific prescription benefit information to the prescriber in real-time.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at the AMCP Annual Meeting 2017. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
John Barrett | BSPharm, MBA | Vice President, Account Management and Business Development | PerformRx | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-17-017-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 28, 2017 - March 28, 2020|