ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-18-023-H03-P
Release Date: April 24, 2018
Expiration Date: April 24, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
This must-attend session will bring you timely updates on the latest federal and state legislative and regulatory actions of interest to pharmacists and other managed care and specialty pharmacy professionals. This session will address first quarter developments on Capitol Hill and in the federal agencies. Topics discussed will include updates on the Affordable Care Act; Medicare Parts B and D; and policies related to specialty pharmacy, biologic and biosimilar issues and value based contracts. Activities covered at the state level will include efforts to address the opioid epidemic, drug pricing, biosimilars and utilization management restrictions.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe at least one proposal that could impact formularies and medication management in the health insurance marketplaces in 2018.
- Summarize at least two federal legislative proposals this year and the potential impact on managed care pharmacy.
- Discuss at least two state legislative trends that may have a significant impact on managed care pharmacy.
- Identify at least one regulatory action with the potential to impact managed care pharmacy this year.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Annual Meeting 2018.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times)
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Collin Conway, PharmD | Manager, Pharmacy Product Development and Business Analysis | Kaiser Permanente Washington | Renton, Washington
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-18-023-H03-P||1.25 Contact Hours||April 24, 2018 - April 24, 2021|