ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-19-024-H04-P
Release Date: March 26, 2019
Expiration Date: March 26, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25 contact hours
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
This session focuses on new and emerging brand-name drugs, as well as upcoming generic drug approvals. You will hear about the most promising agents moving through the pipeline, their projected time to market and potential litigation delays, as well as their potential value and role in therapy, and likely implications for managed care pharmacy.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify high impact brand and generic drugs that are recently approved or likely to emerge from the pharmaceutical pipeline in the coming year.
- Describe the mechanism of action and expected indications of promising agents in the pipeline.
- Outline considerations for drug choices within the respective therapeutic classes.
- Discuss the litigation potentially affecting high impact pipeline drug release dates.
- Report the expected impact of new generic drug approvals on the managed care market.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Annual Meeting 2019.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Renee Rizzo Fleming, RPh, MBA | President | PRN Managed Care Consulting Services, LLC | East Amherst, New York
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-19-024-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 26, 2019 - March 26, 2022|