ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-19-040-H02-P
Release Date: March 27, 2019
Expiration Date: March 27, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25 contact hours
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
As people with HIV age, the focus of disease management places more emphasis on the safety of long-term medication use and managing comorbidities. The advantages of safer, more efficacious medications also come with increased cost. How do managed care organizations balance these factors without sacrificing optimal patient care? It’s an ART!
Integrated health care delivery systems can offer some lessons. Some organizations have successfully balanced multiple considerations around cost and clinical evidence, along with formulary and drug use management strategies for HIV medications. This session will review real-world examples and learning from specific HIV management strategies that have been utilized.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe opportunities for optimizing HIV management based on clinical evidence, cost, and generic medication availability.
- Summarize pharmacy-driven clinical strategies aimed to manage drug expenditures for HIV medications in an integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Identify potential patient and provider barriers that may impact formulary strategies for HIV management in a managed care organization.
- Discuss possible outcomes to the use of formulary and drug utilization strategies for HIV medications.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Annual Meeting 2019.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
Statement of Commercial Support: The live educational activity previously presented at AMCP Annual Meeting 2019 was supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Merck & Co., Inc.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Peter Canale | Director, Business Development | STATinMED Research | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-19-040-H02-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 27, 2019 - March 27, 2022|