ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-19-019-H03-P
Release Date: March 26, 2019
Expiration Date: March 26, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.25 contact hours
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
This must-attend session will bring you timely updates on the latest federal and state legislative and regulatory actions of interest to managed care and specialty pharmacy professionals. This session will address current developments on Capitol Hill, in the federal agencies, and in the states. Topics discussed on the federal agenda will include updates on Medicare Parts B and D, policies related to biologic and biosimilar issues, opioids, pharmaceutical pricing, value-based contracts, and payer and manufacturer communications. Activities covered at the state level will include efforts to address the opioid epidemic, drug pricing, biosimilars, and utilization management restrictions. Member engagement through grassroots advocacy efforts and Congressional visits will be highlighted as the “practice” of managed care increases.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe at least one proposal that will impact formularies and medication management decisions by health plans in the coming year.
- Summarize at least two federal legislative proposals this year and the potential impact on managed care pharmacy teams.
- Discuss at least two major state legislative actions that may have an impact on managed care pharmacy teams.
- Identify at least one regulatory action that will impact the practices of managed care pharmacy professionals and teams next year.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Annual Meeting 2019.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating web sites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Collin Conway, PharmD | Manager, Pharmacy Product Development and Business Analysis | Kaiser Permanente | Renton, Washington
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-19-019-H03-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 26, 2019 - March 26, 2022|