ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-18-007-H04-P
Release Date: April 23, 2018
Expiration Date: April 23, 2021
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
The treatment of hemophilia has evolved from a one-size-fits-all approach to a highly individualized care approach, and it continues to become more patient-centered and specific. As national and international guidelines for the management of hemophilia increasingly call for an integrated model of care, how can all stakeholders best work together to ensure efficacious treatment at a reasonable cost? Throughout this panel discussion, the perspectives of patients, health care providers, and payers will be brought together in a thoughtful analysis of best practices for hemophilia treatment, now and in the future.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- State outcomes of hemophilia care that are most important to patients and families.
- Outline strategies that have the greatest potential to improve hemophilia care delivery, as presented from a variety of stakeholder perspectives.
- Identify best practices for managing costs associated with hemophilia treatment while ensuring efficacious, patient-centered care.
- Recognize opportunities for stakeholders to work together in support of a cost-effective integrated care delivery model that maximizes positive outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at Specialty Connect 2018.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
Statement of Commercial Support
This educational activity is supported by unrestricted educational grants from CSL Behring LLC, Novo Nordisk Inc. and Shire.
Susan C. Winckler | RPh, Esq. | President, Leavitt Partners Consulting | Chief Risk Management Officer | Leavitt Partners.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-18-007-H04-P||1 Contact Hour||April 23, 2018 - April 23, 2021|