ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-19-071-H04-P
Release Date: October 31, 2019
Expiration Date: October 31, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.5
Activity Fee: Member: Free Non-Member: Free
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
Digital therapeutics are expanding the boundaries of the types of therapies that health care decision-makers must be adept at evaluating. These emerging products may be used independently or in conjunction with medications, devices, or other comprehensive therapies to optimize patient care and health outcomes. What are these treatments? Where do they fit inpatient treatment plans? How do they get approved by the Food and Drug Administration? These basics of digital therapeutics session will explore these questions and provide an overview of how these new therapies are expected to impact managed care.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Distinguish between technologies that represent digital therapeutics and those that are considered digital health.
- Explain the Food and Drug Administration clearance and approval processes for digital therapeutics.
- Review evaluation methods and considerations related to operationalizing digital therapeutics.
- Describe how digital therapeutics are brought to market and payer strategies for incorporating these into clinical solutions.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass or continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2019.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
Statement of Commercial Support
This educational activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Sandoz, Inc.
Patricia Powers, PharmD, BCPS | Pharmacy Systems Integration Supervisor | Kaiser Permanente | Sterling, Virginia.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-19-071-H04-P||1.5 Contact Hours||October 31, 2019 - October 31, 2022|