ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-19-069-H04-P
Release Date: October 31, 2019
Expiration Date: October 31, 2022
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Contact Hours: 1.5
Activity Fee: Member: $15 Non-Member: $30
Target Audience: Pharmacists who practice in managed care settings.
While broader drug pricing reform efforts have taken the lion’s share of attention in health policy discourse over the past year, the Trump Administration has continued to move forward with implementing changes to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). At the same time, the Democrats running for the presidential nomination in 2020 have released multiple plans on how they propose to tackle health care issues that patients care about. This session will discuss the current state of the ACA, and the impact of changes implemented by the Trump Administration on coverage and access. Health care reform proposals released on the Presidential campaign trail will also be reviewed, including the various interpretations of “Medicare for All.” How can payers and manufacturers prepare for the changes that seem inevitable?
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the current state of coverage under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) exchanges and Medicaid expansion.
- Explain the impact on payers, providers, and patients due to administrative changes made to the ACA by the Trump Administration.
- Discuss how Americans’ current views on challenges facing the U.S. health care system are shaping efforts by Republicans and Democrats in Congress to repeal or amend the ACA.
- Explain the major health care policy platforms announced by major nominees for president, and their potential impact on payers, providers, and patients.
Schedule of Educational Activity
This activity consists of an audio recording, pre-test assessment questions (not required to pass to continue), post-test questions (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher) and a specific activity evaluation.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based and free of any commercial bias.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2019.
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
William Francis | RPh, MBA | Managing Principal, Government Programs | MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. | Tucson, Arizona.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-19-069-H04-P||1.5 Contact Hours||October 31, 2019 - October 31, 2022|