- ACPE UAN #: 0233-0000-21-003-H01-P
- Release Date: March 1, 2021
- Expiration Date: March 1, 2022
- Credit: 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEU)
- Activity Type: Knowledge-based
- Activity Fee: There is no fee to participate in this activity.
This knowledge-based activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists in managed care settings.
The Evidence Behind COVID-19 Treatments and Vaccines
COVID-19 has caused significant social and economic disruptions around the world. As quickly as the coronavirus has spread, scientists from all corners of the world have attempted to keep pace with testing investigational new drugs and vaccines as well as repurposing old therapies. This session will review the most recent clinical evidence for the agents that have received FDA approval, emergency use authorization (EUA) as well as those in close contention for FDA analysis. In addition, a brief overview of some of the major consensus guidelines for COVID-19 treatment will be reviewed. Lastly, current recommendations for the development, distribution, and prioritization of vaccine administration will be discussed.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Summarize the evidence for key therapeutic options that have been evaluated for use in the treatment of COVID-19.
2. Discuss the evidence for vaccine options being used to prevent COVID-19.
3. Discuss the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention interim clinical considerations for use as well as prioritization of vaccines currently authorized in the U.S.
Karen J. Stevens, PharmD
Clinical Consultant Pharmacist
Clinical Pharmacy Services
Commonwealth Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Nick van Terheyden, MD
Nicholas Ladikos, PharmD, BCPS, BCGP, BCIDP
Director, Professional Affairs
Statement of Commercial Support
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Continuing Education Credit
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
As an accredited provider, AMCP strictly adheres to the ACPE Standards for Commercial Support and other relevant guidelines and standards to ensure the independence of continuing pharmacy education (CPE) activities. It is AMCP’s intent that all CPE activities be independent, objective, balanced, evidence-based, and free of any commercial bias.
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live webinar activity presented at the live webinar on February 25, 2021.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements: System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-003-H01-P||1 Contact Hour||February 25, 2021 - February 25, 2024|