Over the last several years, approvals of specialty pharmaceuticals have far outpaced those of traditional drugs. It is anticipated that this trend will continue. How will these specialty medications affect the dynamic health care landscape and managed care pharmacy?
This pipeline session will focus on new and emerging specialty medications and explore their likely role in therapy. This session will also discuss the potential impact of these agents on the managed care market.
- Recognize recently approved specialty medications.
- Identify specialty medications that are likely to be approved in the next 12 months.
- Discuss the mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, and safety of new and emerging specialty medications.
- Report the likely effect of new specialty medications on the managed care market.
Aimee Tharaldson, PharmD
Senior Clinical Pharmacist, Emerging Therapeutics
Matt Mitchell, PharmD, MBA, FAMCP
Executive Director, Pharmacy Services
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-21-045-H04-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 20, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: Free for Members and $30 for Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2021. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-045-H04-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 20, 2021 - December 31, 2022|