This educational activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Pear Therapeutics, Inc.
Non-pharmacologic treatment, notably cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), is the first in line in the treatment of chronic insomnia. With the rise of digital health, digital CBT is rapidly developing as the use of it significantly improves sleep outcomes while reducing the risk related to the reliance on hypnotics. Despite well-documented evidence demonstrating effectiveness with CBT, many barriers related to the access of care exist that prevent optimal management of this disorder. New and emerging digital CBT options are focusing on these barriers while providing effective and efficient solutions through innovative approaches.
This session will focus on the gaps related to non-pharmacological treatments for chronic insomnia and the role of new and emerging digital CBT options.
- Describe the prevalence and implications of chronic insomnia and the impact of the pandemic.
- Summarize the annual direct and indirect costs associated with treatment of chronic insomnia.
- Discuss current and emerging digital cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) options for chronic insomnia and their relative efficacy.
- Review the payer’s role in managing patients with chronic insomnia and its impact on patient outcomes.
Daniel Greer, PharmD, BCPP
Clinical Assistant Professor
Rutgers Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
Theresa C. Juday, RPh
Director, Specialty Product Development
Phoenix , AZ
Kimberly Lenz, PharmD
Director of Clinical and Operational Pharmacy, MassHealth
University of Massachusetts Medical School
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN: 0233-0000-21-059-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 20, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2021. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-059-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 20, 2021 - December 31, 2022|