This educational activity is supported by unrestricted educational grants from Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) currently affects 15% of all United States adults, or an estimated 37 million people, with over 600,000 with kidney failure. Current management in CKD focuses on prevention of conditions causing renal dysfunction, commonly hypertension and diabetes, and treatment of complications of end-stage renal disease (ESRD), including anemia, electrolyte imbalances, and mineral and bone disease. New and emerging therapies that target prevention or delay of disease progression are expanding to the non-dialysis dependent CKD population and are expected to greatly impact payers.
Faculty will focus on the common causes of CKD progressing to ESRD, review formulary management trends and strategies, and estimate the budget impact of novel and emerging therapies to payers..
- Discuss the current chronic kidney disease population, including end-stage renal disease, in the United States.
- Explain current payer management for therapies treating common complications of chronic kidney disease.
- Identify current and emerging therapies to prevent or delay end-stage renal disease.
- Describe factors applicable to determining the budget impact of therapies to prevent or delay end-stage renal disease in the non-dialysis dependent population.
Kimberly Grant, PharmD
Andrew Levitsky, PharmD, BCPS
Director of Clinical Pharmacy
Kenneth Garcia, PharmD
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-21-050-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 20, 2021 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2022
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP Nexus 2021. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-21-050-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 20, 2021 - December 31, 2022|