CAR T-Cell Therapies: Aligning Managed Care Strategies with the Evolving Treatment Landscape
Chemotherapy has been the standard of care until the recent introduction of targeted therapy and immunotherapy, generally established for hematologic malignancies but expanding to solid tumors. In particular, chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies have rapidly gained attention from patients, providers, and payers alike due to the higher and durable response observed across cancer patients – signifying a potentially revolutionary new pillar in cancer treatment.
Faculty for this session will provide an overview of the new and emerging CAR T-cell therapies, with a focus on safety, efficacy, and comparative data, as well as considerations for the appropriate cost-management of and patient access to these therapies.
- Differentiate new and emerging CAR T-cell therapies based on mechanism of action, molecular targets, and indications.
- Evaluate safety, efficacy, and comparative data from clinical trial, real-world, and cost-effectiveness studies to guide the optimal use of CAR T-cell therapies for appropriate patients.
- Identify formulary designs, contracting, and other payer strategies to improve cost management of and patient access to CAR T-cell therapy.
Zahra Mahmoudjafari, PharmD, BCOP
Clinical Pharmacy Manager-Hematology/BMT/Cellular Therapeutics
University of Kansas Health System
Peter Cummings, PharmD
Managing Director, Pharmacy and Market Operations
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-012-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: March 31, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: $15 for Members and $30 for Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at AMCP 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-012-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||March 31, 2022 - December 31, 2023|