Managed Care Insights on Disease Targeted Therapy for Alzheimer’s Disease
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Genentech, a member of the Roche Group.
Alzheimer’s disease is the leading cause of dementia in adults aged 65 and older, is associated with significant economic and humanistic burden, and, as the population ages, is expected to continue an upward trajectory. Recently a novel therapeutic agent indicated for Alzheimer’s disease was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for the first time in over 20 years, and several others are expected in the coming years. While the new agents may represent scientific advancements, the cost and value of these treatments will also require assessment of budget modeling, outcomes impact, and managed care strategies to ensure safe and appropriate use in patients. Faculty will review disease burden and advances in disease-modifying treatments for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Describe the economic burden associated with Alzheimer’s disease including implications of timely and accurate diagnosis.
- Review the safety, efficacy, and clinical use of new and emerging disease-modifying treatments for Alzheimer’s disease to guide optimal use for appropriate patients.
- Discuss managed care approaches to impact quality-of-life for caregivers and patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
Nicole Brandt, PharmD, MBA
Peter Lamy Center on Drug Therapy and Aging
Anna Hung, PharmD, PhD, MS
Amy Lugo, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM
LoneStar Health Solutions
San Antonio, TX
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-053-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.25
Release Date: October 12, 2022 • Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented at Nexus 2022. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-053-H01-P||1.25 Contact Hours||October 12, 2022 - December 31, 2023|