Innovations in Immune-Mediated Skin Conditions: Focus on Alopecia Areata
This activity is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Pfizer, Inc.
During this session, presenters will provide an overview of the disease burden of alopecia areata, discuss health care costs and utilization, highlight the patient-specific factors that must be considered when making treatment decisions for a diverse population, and explore the FDA-approved and pipeline pharmacologic treatment options for alopecia areata.
At the completion of this knowledge-based activity, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the disease burden of moderate-to-severe alopecia areata on clinical and patient-reported outcomes.
2. Differentiate new and emerging targeted therapies for alopecia areata based on mechanisms of action, efficacy and safety data, and indications.
3. Discuss approaches to managing alopecia areata among a diverse patient population.
4. Identify strategies to manage health care utilization and costs related to alopecia areata.
Loren Krueger, MD, FAAD
Assistant Professor, Dermatology
Vice Chair, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Emory University School of Medicine
Steven Khleoussi, PharmD, MBA
Manager, Clinical Pharmacy
Lynn Deguzman, PharmD, BGCP
Clinical Pharmacy Services Director, National Pharmacy
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-22-055-H01-P • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1.0
Release Date: January 23, 2023 • Expiration Date: June 30, 2024
Activity Fee: Free for Members and Non-Members
Participants should claim continuing pharmacy education (CPE) credit for this home study activity only if they have not claimed credit for the live activity presented. CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
System Technical Requirements/Viewing Requirements:
System Requirements Courses and learning activities are delivered via your Web browser and Acrobat PDF. For all activities, you should have a basic comfort level using a computer and navigating websites. View the minimum technical and system requirements for continuing education online learning activities
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE UAN #0233-0000-22-055-H01-P||1 Contact Hour||January 24, 2023 - June 30, 2024|