AMCP Market Insights: Impact of Mental Health in Patients Living with Rare Disease
Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024 at 2-3 pm ET Pricing: Free for Members and Non-Members
Please note that this session is not accredited for continuing pharmacy education credit.
The Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) is delighted to extend an invitation to our upcoming webinar, which promises to be an enlightening exploration of the intersection between mental health and rare diseases.
The webinar will feature key insights derived from a recent Market Insights roundtable discussion hosted by AMCP, where experts and thought leaders gathered to address the often-overlooked connection between mental health and rare diseases. Our esteemed panelists delved into the challenges faced by individuals coping with rare diseases, explored the impact on their mental well-being, and discussed strategies to improve holistic patient care.
Speakers will share key insights and findings from the roundtable discussion surrounding the challenges facing managed care organizations in meeting the mental health needs of their plan members and potential opportunities to partner with providers to improve access and outcomes.
- Gain a better understanding of the current unmet need for mental health services for those with rare disease - results of a NORD survey of member patient organizations.
- Review how mental health care is currently delivered in the US and identify the gaps that may exist.
- Assess the influence of emerging innovative therapies on mental health.
- Acknowledge current access barriers to mental health and why they exist.
- Evaluate the consequences of untreated mental health concerns on patient outcomes and overall healthcare costs.
Michael Kobernick, MD, MS-PopH
Senior Medical Director
Blue Cross of MI
Maureen Lyon, PhD, MA
Clinical Health Psychologist
Center for Translational Research
Children's Research Institute