The Clinical and Economic Burden of Food Allergies
Wednesday, November 15 at 2-3 pm ET Pricing: Free for Members and Non-Members
Please note that this session is not accredited for continuing pharmacy education credit.
This sponsored webinar provides disease education for population-based decision makers to enhance their understanding of current food allergy management practices, the unmet needs in management of food allergies, and the impact of food allergies at multiple levels.
Food allergies are immune-mediated hypersensitivities – separate from food intolerances and with a greater propensity for severe reactions that may include anaphylaxis.
This webinar covers three primary areas of importance for population-based decision makers:
- Food allergy overview
- Unmet needs and patient challenges in the management of food allergies
- The socioeconomic impacts associated with food allergies
- Differentiate between food allergies and food intolerances, and the diagnostic issues involved
- Review of food allergy management approaches
- Highlight the various socioeconomic impacts with their aggregate monetary and human costs to patients and the healthcare system
This Science & Innovation Webinar is sponsored, developed, and presented by the sponsor and the opinions expressed by the presenter are those of the sponsor or presenter and not of AMCP.
For individuals from the media/press interested in attending, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gary M. Owens, MD
Consultant, ICON Plc
Joseph D. Diaz, MD
President and Medical Director
Allergy and Asthma Research Center