[Dec eLD3] Podium Session - Managed Care Pharmacy Research Highlighting Health Disparities
Pricing: Free for Members and $50 for Non-Members
AMCP and the AMCP Foundation jointly developed a Managed Care Pharmacy Research Agenda to inspire research in high-priority areas with a significant potential to improve health care quality – for all. This webinar aims to highlight cutting-edge research drawn from top-rated abstracts presented at Nexus 2023, focusing on innovative approaches and insights into managing health disparities within managed care settings.
In this virtual podium session, authors of top-rated abstracts in the health disparity realm will present and discuss their findings. The presentations are:
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health: A Health System Specialty Pharmacy Initiative
- Specialty Drug Use Varies by Race and Wage Among Employees with Employer-sponsored Health Insurance
- Assessing Differences in Time to Treatment Among Black and White Patients with Multiple Myeloma
This knowledge-based activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists in managed care settings.
At the completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role of health system specialty pharmacy in addressing the healthcare access and quality domain of Social Determinants of Health.
- Compare race/ethnicity and wage status on specialty prescription use and adherence patterns among employees with autoimmune conditions (AICs) who enrolled in employer-sponsored health insurance.
- Identify potential strengths and weaknesses of different real-world data sources to study disparities in multiple myeloma treatment and outcomes.
Carly Giavatto, PharmD
Clinical Outcomes Research Pharmacist
CPS Solutions, LLC
Rochelle Henderson, PhD
Assistant Adjunct Professor
Washington University School of Medicine
Julia Slejko, PhD
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
Laura Happe, PharmD, MPH
University of Florida
Journal of Managed Care and Specialty Pharmacy
Financial Relationship Disclosures:
|Faculty/Reviewer/Planner||Reported Relevant Financial Relationships|
- AMCP Staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- If applicable, relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and documented.
- Content has undergone a peer review to ensure content validity.
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1
Release Date: November 15, 2023
Expiration Date: December 31, 2024
Activity Fee: Free for Members and $50 for Non-Members
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
- 1.00 ACPEThe Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.