[eLD3-Live] Keeping up with IRA
Pricing: Free for Members and $50 for Non-Members
Going into the second half of 2023, the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) continues to foreshadow potential changes for every health care stakeholder from Medicare beneficiaries to commercial plans, manufacturers, and everything in between. It may be tempting to think that the IRA will have a limited impact outside of Medicare, but that is not the case. How will IRA affect commercial plans and manufacturers? What are the newest regulatory updates from the Department of Health and Human Services?
This session will provide up-to-date insight into how IRA will leave its mark outside of Medicare, explore initial signs of pricing strategies from manufacturers, and help attendees stay up-to-date on recent actions towards drug price negotiation.
This knowledge-based activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists in managed care settings.
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize the key drug pricing provisions and timeline of implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA).
- Describe how CMS plans to approach drug pricing negotiations.
- Discuss recent lawsuits challenging government negotiation of prescription drug prices and their impact on drug price negotiations for 2026.
- Explain how government negotiation of prescription drug prices will impact the generic and biosimilar markets and commercial health plans.
Melissa Andel, MPP
CommonHealth Solutions LLC
Drake Reiter, PharmD
Advisor, Pharmacy Product & Trend
Financial Relationship Disclosures:
|Faculty/Reviewer/Planner||Reported Relevant Financial Relationships|
|Melissa Andel, MPP|
- AMCP Staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- If applicable, relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and documented.
- Content has undergone a peer review to ensure content validity.
- 1.00 ACPEThe Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.