FMCP-PT Module 2: Pharmacy Benefit Management Tools
How do pharmacy benefits meet the demands of balancing safety, effectiveness, and accessibility of drug products while also ensuring that the most cost-effective treatment options are used appropriately in the service of optimal health outcomes? This module discusses various management strategies and tools used in the management of pharmacy benefits.
Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Managed Care Professionals
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss common strategies used to manage the cost of medications and access to medications in a pharmacy benefit.
- Recognize how various drug cost and utilization management strategies can be combined to design a customized pharmacy benefit.
Joseph DiBiase Jr., CPhT
Director, Clinical Pharmacy Operations, Medicare Part D
Magellan Rx Management
President and Founder
Accountable Health, LLC
Tracy McDowd, PharmD, FAMCP
Manager, Clinical Pharmacy
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
Vimal V. Reddy, PharmD
VP, Payer Strategy, Market Access
Financial Relationship Disclosures:
|Reported Relevant Financial Relationships
|Joseph DiBiase Jr., CPhT
Faculty, Planner, Peer Reviewer
|Tracy McDowd, PharmD, FAMCP
|Brittany V. Henry, PharmD, MBA
Planner, Peer Reviewer
|Vimal Reddy, PharmD
|Ruby Singh, PharmD
Planner, Peer Reviewer
- AMCP Staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- If applicable, relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and documented.
- Content has undergone a peer review to ensure content validity.
ACPE UAN:0233-0000-23-027-H04-T • Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 0.75
Release Date: August 04, 2023 • Expiration Date: July 31, 2026
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher, it may be taken a maximum of three times).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
- 0.75 ACPE Pharmacy TechnicianThe Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.