Fundamentals of Managed Care Pharmacy: Student Version
Pricing: $199 for Student Members and $249 for Student Non-Members
The Fundamentals of Managed Care Pharmacy Program 3rd Edition provides an updated comprehensive introduction to basic concepts in managed care pharmacy. Learners will explore key aspects of managed care pharmacy, including its evolution, pharmacy benefit management tools and strategies, specialty pharmacy, Medicaid and Medicare, quality measures, HEOR, and much more in 13 interactive modules:
- Module 1: Evolution and Principles of Managed Care
- Module 2: Pharmacy Benefit Management Tools
- Module 3: Behind the Scenes: Getting Medications to Patients Through the Pharmacy Benefit
- Module 4: Developing and Managing the Drug Formulary
- Module 5: Trading Partners and Flow of Money in Managed Care Pharmacy
- Module 6: Understanding Pharmaceutical Manufacturer Discounts and Rebates
- Module 7: Managed Care Pharmacy Clinical and Educational Programs
- Module 8: Medication Therapy Management
- Module 9: Introduction to Specialty Pharmacy
- Module 10: Medicare and Managed Care Pharmacy
- Module 11: Medicaid and Managed Care Pharmacy
- Module 12: The ABC's and Stars of Quality Measures
- Module 13: Health Economics and Outcomes Research
Course Description and Learning Objectives
For individual module descriptions and learning objectives, view the document linked below:
This program is designed for pharmacists, pharmacy residents, student pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, managed care/managed markets team members, and other individuals who are interested in expanding their understanding of managed prescription drug benefits.
Upon completion of this program, you will be issued a digital badge and certificate of completion that you can add to your social media profiles. Showcase your achievements to your colleagues!
Financial Relationship Disclosures:
|Faculty/Reviewer/Planner||Reported Relevant Financial Relationships|
|Tracy McDowd, PharmD, FAMCP|
|Vimal Reddy, PharmD|
Speaker, Planner, Peer Reviewer
|Ruby Singh, PharmD|
Planner, Peer Reviewer
|Brittany V. Henry, PharmD, MBA|
Planner, Peer Reviewer
- AMCP Staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- If applicable, relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and documented.
- Content has undergone a peer review to ensure content validity.
- 1.00 Certificate of Completion