TEST GTW Course Object Completion
Pricing: Free for Members and $50 for Non-Members
Diabetes poses a significant public health challenge, affecting around 11.3% of the US population. Despite advancements in diabetes management in the past three decades, an estimated 8.5 million people who have diabetes still remain undiagnosed. Additionally, many who are affected by health disparities related to diabetes are not receiving optimal treatment due to the influence of contextual social determinants of health. Managed care pharmacists and organizations are well-positioned to identify high-risk populations, tailor interventions influenced by social determinants of health, and advocate for equitable access to care.
For this session, faculty will provide an overview of the impact of health disparities on diabetes management outcomes and how to align managed care strategies that bridge access and utilization of care among a diverse population.
This knowledge-based activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of pharmacists in managed care settings.
At the completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the impact of health disparities on diabetes access and treatment outcomes.
- Identify managed care strategies to improve equitable access to diabetes care.
- Review innovative practices and outcomes from two unique managed care settings.
Setu Vora, MD
Chief Medical Officer
Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation
Aimee Loucks, PharmD, BCPS
Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Lynn F. Deguzman, PharmD, BCGP
Regional Clinical Operations Manager
Kaiser Permanente of Northern California
Financial Relationship Disclosures:
|Reported Relevant Financial Relationships
- AMCP Staff have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.
- If applicable, relevant financial relationships have been mitigated and documented.
- Content has undergone a peer review to ensure content validity.
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based
Contact Hours: 1
Release Date: November 15, 2023
Expiration Date: December 31, 2024
Activity Fee: Free for Members and $50 for Non-Members
CPE credit will be processed through the AMCP Learn portal and reported directly to CPE Monitor. Please allow 72 hours for processing and posting in your NABP account.
To receive credit for an online activity you must:
- Review the full content of the activity.
- Successfully complete the post-test (required to pass with a score of 70% or higher).
- Complete a specific activity evaluation.
- 1.00 ACPEThe Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.